Friday, February 26, 2010

There is GOD and then there is Sachin




These words are not framed by me , but I heard some commentator say this in one of the matches while Sachin was batting.

Another commentator mentioned that if there was a person sachin could be compared to , it was sachin himself ; there is no comparison against any other mortal.
I cannot but agree more with these statements.
I am not a great cricket follower but never the less I do keep a track of games and statistic's and one of the reasons that my interest is still alive in the game is because of the man I am mentioning here.
I see him and gain much strength from him , he is someone I see as a role model , a great human being and a great ambassador of the sport.

One of the biggest reasons that he is adored and looked up to is because he has not changed in attitude over the years.

You can still see him as a simple and a humble human being ; he does not seem to have the arrogance that comes with fame and achievements.

He has achieved everything possible one could imagine being in this sport but he still seems hungry for more and sometimes I wonder whether he is getting older with age or has he stopped ageing over the years.

I cannot think of another person with as much weight over his shoulders as he had over the years and still keep performing the way he does.
There was a time when he carried every Indians expectations on his shoulders and seldom failed to deliver and now that the times have changed , his persona and class still remain.
I find it hard to find adjectives to define him , all I can say about him is that if someone ever had faith on GOD his faith would have been restored seeing Sachin bat.


No comments: